ARC REVIEW: Strangers in My Bed by Jade West

Book Review

"𝑰 π’‘π’“π’π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’† π’šπ’π’–, π‘ͺ𝒂𝒔𝒔, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 π’šπ’π’–."

"π‘»π’‰π’‚π’π’Œ π’šπ’π’– 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’„π’‚π’•π’„π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Žπ’†."


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Spice: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5 
(It's probably spicier, but many scenes turned me off that it didn't feel that spicy to me)
Tropes: Age gap, dark romance, love triangle (kind of)

*Check triggers before reading*

Let me start by saying I LOVE Jade West. Teach Me Dirty is one of my favorite books (the spice with Helen and Mark is sooooo good and their love story is perfect) and I absolutely adore Sugar Daddies. I was so excited when she announced she had a new book coming out. I knew this book was twisted and dark, but I guess I didn't expect to be undecided when I finished it.

I don't want to give anything away, so this review is going to be on the vague side. I recommend going into this book without spoilers so you can get the full experience. Jade does a great job of writing a story that is intriguing and explores a complicated dynamic. You will be confused on your feelings for both characters throughout the book. This book is a great example how manipulation, desire, the need to be loved, and perceptions can play a role in a relationship.

Jade is the queen of spice in my book and this book has some of the most erotic scenes I've ever read. I have to say that there were quite a few scenes that were spicy, but simultaneously gave me the ick. It's not necessarily the kinks that were happening, but how the relationship dynamic played out that turned me off. I believe Jade wrote some of the scenes this way to highlight the problems in the relationship. It also showcased to me how important the relationship dynamic is with scenes like this and how it can chance how you feel. They're well done even if I didn't always enjoy them.

The concept is there for this story and it has major potential. It's written well and I kept turning the page in part one because I could just tell something was going to happen. However, this book fell flat for me because of the pacing and length. For me, the pacing was off at times. It felt like we got a lot of Cass and Ant's developing relationship, but then not enough as other things started to happen in part two. I understand that we needed to see Cass and Ant's relationship to see what was happening, but it felt dragged out at times. Part two introduced many different things, which was exciting, but it started to drag for me as we got scenes that felt unnecessary since we already established Cass and Ant's dynamic. I wish we would've gotten more the other things happening in part two and that the twists revealed would've happened sooner. I enjoyed the ending Cass got so much, but it felt rushed and we didn't get to see much of the build up.

I'm not sure how I feel about the last chapter. I kind of wanted to see that person get what was coming to them, but instead they're living life like it's no big deal. It makes me want more (I know this is a standalone) to see if they could redeem themselves or if they will finally be held accountable. Ultimately, I don't think we'll ever get more, but I feel like we need more.

Thank you to Jade and Social Butterfly PR for the ARC!

Book Information

Release date: May 31st, 2022

Description:
*The description comes directly from Amazon's website*

It’s an amazing thing, being a wedding planner, when you’ve been dreaming of a big day of your own since being a little girl.

But it’s not so amazing when the love of your life leaves you for another woman.

My dreams have all deserted me, and I’m alone in a new town when I meet him. The stranger at the bar.

Anthony Bradstone is everything I ever wanted. A prince, right from the start. A shining star, successful and loving. Committed, brilliant, generous. Mr. Perfect.

But the brightest stars have the darkest shadows, and Ant’s love comes with… conditions.

That’s how one stranger in my bed turns to several, and those several turn into a whole lot more.

I know that lines always blur when people fall in love. People’s depths get deeper, and their shadows get darker, and relationships can get a little… twisted sometimes.

So it’s just as well there’s someone out there who knows my prince well enough to help me untangle him.

They call Ant’s best friend the crusader for a reason.
I’m about to find out why it’s true.

A full length dark romantic suspense novel.

WARNING: 18+ only. Contains dark romance themes that some readers may find triggering.

Where to find it:

Where to review it
Follow Eve Lane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert

REVIEW: Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo

ARC REVIEW: Give Me More by Sara Cate