ARC REVIEW: Ferrara by T.L. Swan

Book Review

"π‘»π’‰π’‚π’π’Œ π’šπ’π’–."
"𝑭𝒐𝒓 π’˜π’‰π’‚π’•?"
"𝑭𝒐𝒓 π’π’π’—π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Žπ’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’š π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐."


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Spice: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5
Tropes: Second chance romance, forbidden

*Check for triggers before reading*

I'm convinced T.L. Swan is a book wizard because all of her books that I've read are amazing, but this one blew me out of the water. I'm still coming down from the rollercoaster of emotions I had while reading this book. I completely devoured it and it definitely did not feel like it was 548 pages long. This is probably going to be a top read of mine for the year. I know it's only March, but I can just feel it.

I promise that this story is not what it seems at first and I need you to listen to me when I say, "Trust the process." You won't be disappointed. If you haven't read The Italian, I highly recommend it. It's not necessarily required, but I think it gives context for Ferrara. Also, you might be able to pick up on things that help when reading Ferrara. I read The Italian right before reading Ferrara, so I felt that I had the first twist in the story figured out. I went in to this with a different perspective than if it had only been read as a standalone. For me, it made me love the book even more and this couple even more.

I. Love. This. Couple. Francesca and Giuliano had me hooked from the moment they met. The younger version of them as a couple was possibly the purest thing I've ever read. The hand holding scene got to me. After they are forced to be separated, the angst between them is off the charts. They had me dying the whole time. They're forbidden, which they know, but they just can't help being drawn to one another. They broke my heart so many times when they forced themselves to separate, but equally put it back together every time they reunited. I cried so many times at the push and pull of their relationship. The fact that they were separated for ten years haunts me.

Francesca might be in my top 10 of women main characters. I loved everything about her. She was strong, passionate, caring, stood up for herself, and loving. She went through a lot not only in The Italian, but also in this book. It takes tremendous strength to walk away, even when everything is screaming in you not to. I love how much she loves Giuliano and she cares so deeply for him. Cheska was ready to give up everything to be with him in any way that she could.

Giuliano Ferrara is the love of my life. He completely has my heart and I'm obsessed with him. He's the right kind of cocky/hot tempered that makes him so deliciously hot. He had me melting at all the beautiful things he would say to Cheska. When he called her his world and his dream, I was simply unwell. His dirty talk was not only good, but so hot because it was the only time he spoke to her in Italian. (I thought this was interesting given they both are Italian, but they mostly only spoke English together). He could be mean as hell, but given how about 45% of the book went, it was totally understandable. I completely broke down when he broke on the plane. When you read it, you'll know what I mean. Giuliano is my baby forever πŸ’•

I love this book so much! TL, you are simply a book wizard and I cannot wait to see what you do with Valentino and Anna. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you to Foreword PR and TL Swan for the opportunity to read this book!

Book Information

Release date: February 26th, 2022

Description:
*The description comes directly from Amazon's website*

There were three things that I wanted in life. 
To dance like nobody was watching.
Travel the world.
And fall hopelessly in love.
Heartbreak was never on my list...but somehow, I got it anyway.

We met at my older brother's house and instantly I knew that he was trouble.
He kissed me, right there in the bathroom without a care in the world.
And from that moment on, I was his.

We were young, brave, and naive when we met.
Sneaking around and falling in love.
Giuliano Ferrara was perfection.
A beautiful, crazy mistake.
With his big brown eyes and his boyish charm.

Years later, we saw each other again.
And by the look in his eye, I instantly knew.

The sweet romantic boy I once loved is long gone.
In his place, a dominant, powerful man.
Who gets what he wants, when he wants it.

We can never be together.
It breaks my heart that he refuses to accept it.
I'm the object of his affection.
And what Giuliano Ferrara wants.
Giuliano Ferrara takes.

Authors note:

Ferrara is a complete stand alone, however to understand the full back story you may want to read The Italian first.

Just a suggestion, it's not necessary.

Xoxo

Where to find it:

Where to review it
Follow Eve Lane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert

REVIEW: Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo

ARC REVIEW: Give Me More by Sara Cate