REVIEW: Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert

Book Review

"𝑰 π’Žπ’†π’‚π’π’• π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝑰 π’”π’‚π’Šπ’… 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 π’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’† π’Žπ’† π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 π’Œπ’†π’†π’‘ π’šπ’π’–."


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Spice: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Series: Part of A Touch of Taboo (they are all standalones)
Tropes: Age gap, ex-fiancΓ©'s dad, revenge, forbidden, Daddy kink, praise kink, insta lust
Triggers: Cheating (not the hero or heroine)

*Please check triggers before reading*

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd finally review one of my top spicy books: Your Dad Will Do. Now if you've been around for awhile or been on my bookstagram (@readwithevelane), you know that I've reviewed Katee's books before (Neon Gods and Electric Idol). In those reviews, I've mentioned how much of a fan of hers I am, particularly because of her A Touch of Taboo series. This is the book that introduced me to Katee Robert as an author. Someone talked about this book on Tiktok back in April 2021 and I decided to buy it to see what the hype was about. I wasn't disappointed in any capacity and since April, I would venture to say I revisit this book at least once every other week. You could say I love this book and how filthy it is. 

Now if you're looking for a plot driven story, this is not that, yet it is still such a good book. I don't know how Katee did it, but she built in so many emotions between a couple that spends about 72 hours together only having sex or venturing out to get *things* for their sexcapades. Despite all of that, you end up completely rooting for them as a couple and wanting them to have a happily ever after. In the real world, most of us would look sideways at a friend (or ourselves) if they were in love after 72 hours, but it totally works for Lily and Shane.

Lily is an icon for all women. She really took her ex cheating on her and raised the stakes by going to his dad's house to sleep with him. This is the energy I like to see. All jokes aside, I liked Lily as a heroine. I found her inner turmoil to be interesting because she acknowledged that her and her ex should never have even been engaged, but there was still pain there from what he did. Add in Shane and you've got a massive amount of confusing feelings. I liked that she took the time to center herself before deciding what to do next. I was a big fan of Lily's choice, but I'm also very jealous of her. The women in these books are so lucky, let me tell you.

I am here to say that I love Shane and if anyone knows someone like him in the real world, please send him my way. Shane is just everything you could want in an older man. He's hot as hell, kind, makes his feelings known, wants his partner to have an incredible time, and understands when to give space to his partner. Shane cared about Lily before they were together, and it became even more evident as they spent their weekend together. There were several times when Lily was struggling with her feelings over the breakup, Shane, etc., and he didn't get angry or ice her out. He talked with her, held her, and understood that things were complicated. I loved how honest he was with his feelings for Lily and made it known that he wanted her, but would wait until she was ready. 

On top of being emotionally available, this man has the dirtiest mouth and I love it. The things he would say to Lily had me S W E A T I N G. The dirty talk mixed with his need to show her how much he cared about her has him in the top 10 of hottest men I've read about. He couldn't get enough of her body, pleasing her, and being with her. This man had her doing math to see how many orgasms he owed her for lost timeπŸ₯΅ Hottest. Man. Ever.

The spice is just so hot, or at least I thought so. I always say I don't really like the daddy kink, but I then end up completely loving the books with big age gaps and the word "daddy" used left and right πŸ˜‚ I think I like it in these type of books because there's an established age gap. The daddy kink isn't personally my thing when the hero and heroine are around the same ages or if the hero is younger than her. For me, it just doesn't work because there's not the age difference to add to to the dynamic. Besides the daddy kink, this book is filled with so much praise and encouragement. I've mentioned this before, but if you're new here, THAT is my favorite type of kink. Give me all the spicy praise, please. 

I did a quick reread of this book to prep for this review and it's still just as good as the first time I read it. I still felt the heartache at the "conflict" (it's not really a conflict) part and the push/pull between Shane and Lily. I know Katee revisited them a little in a bonus scene, but I would love to see even more of them post that scene!

Book Information

Release date: April 22nd, 2020

Description:
*The description comes directly from Katee Robert's website*

I've been harboring a dark secret for two long years. I've been fantasizing about my fiancΓ©'s father, thinking filthy thoughts that a good daughter-in-law should not be indulging in. So when I catch my fiancΓ© cheating on me, there's only one revenge that will fulfill all my needs.

I'm going to seduce his father. It's dirty and it's wrong, and I don't care. I want him, so I mean to have him.

After this weekend, my ex won't be the only one who calls his father Daddy.

Where to find it:

Where to review it
Follow Eve Lane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo

ARC REVIEW: Give Me More by Sara Cate