REVIEW: Hotwife by Kat Blackthorne

Book Review

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’–."

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’–, 𝑫𝒐𝒕. π‘¨π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’”. π‘΅π’π’˜ 𝒍𝒆𝒕 π’Žπ’† π’˜π’‚π’•π’„π’‰ 𝑫𝒆𝒔 π’‡π’–π’„π’Œ π’šπ’π’–."


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Spice: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5
Tropes: Age gap, open relationship, MFM, curvy heroine, fast burn

*Check for triggers before reading*

I LOVED this book! It had so much tension that hurt my heart in the best way. I love books that do that to me. Probably says something about me, but let's ignore that for now πŸ˜‚

The dynamics of this trio were so good. I love all of them, but Cedric and Dot really pulled me in. You could see how much he loves her, and how much she loves him, but his barriers were preventing them from being happy together. The tension was so good, y'all. I love their dynamic and I'm glad they always made it clear how much they love each other.

Desmond, Desmond, Desmond. This man is so sexy and I loved him. Him and Dot had an amazing dynamic from the beginning. I really liked their banter. The scene with the whales was so cute and had me so emotional πŸ₯Ί You can feel how much Des loves her and just wants to be with her anyway he can.

I figured out one of the twists, but the other ones I didn't see coming. I was on pins and needles all of Chapter 12 because you could feel the conflict coming. I audibly gasped at one point when everything came out.

Although this isn't the spiciest thing I've read, I did enjoy the spice a lot. Des and Dot are HOT together. The group activities scenes was everything πŸ˜πŸ¦‹πŸ₯΅

I'm glad they worked everything out and I enjoyed how Dot's sister is involved in their lives. The epilogue was so adorable and I could read so much more about this trio!

Book Information

Release date: January 19th, 2022

Description:
*The description comes directly from Amazon's website*

My husband set rules for whom I slept with

No one we know

Use a fake name

Never sleep over

Check emotions at the door

Don’t tell him about any of it

I followed his rules religiously. Until him. Until he made me break every rule. When my husband comes face-to-face with my mystery man he's livid.

Because they've already met.

Now I’m caught between the man I love and the man that sets my soul on fire. They’re both asking me to make a decision.
But how do I choose between two pieces of my heart?

HOTWIFE is a stand-alone romance with a HEA (yes, for everyone, I promise!)
*Author's note: please visit author website for detailed CWs & tropes

Where to find it:

Where to review it
Follow Eve Lane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert

REVIEW: Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo

ARC REVIEW: Give Me More by Sara Cate