ARC REVIEW: Forever Perfect by Alison Bailey

Book Review

"π‘΄π’š 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆 π’Šπ’” π’π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” 𝒕𝒐 π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’† 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‰π’‚π’‘π’‘π’Šπ’†π’”π’• π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’π’“π’π’…."


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Spice: πŸ”₯.5
Tropes: Best friend's brother/sister's best friend, childhood friends, "It's always been you"
Series: Perfect #4

*Check for triggers before reading*

I absolutely loved this book and I've teared up a few times while making this edit. This book messed me up in the best way. I've always said that I like the childhood friends trope, but it's not my favorite, however, that's a lie. It's the trope that consistently makes me cry like a baby.

When I read the blurb for this book, I knew Halle and Brandon were going to give us angst. The push and pull of their relationship was killing me. I cheered out loud when they finally knocked off their shenanigans.

I did not expect the twist that happened. I knew what I wanted to happen at the end of this book, but didn't expect THAT to happen. As someone who works at a university, and has worked with students through various crisis situations, I appreciated how Alison represented what Halle went through. I appreciate that Halle got to process on her own terms.

Halle and Brandon are absolutely beautiful together. Their relationship was the highlight for me and I'm completely obsessed with them. The way they love each other had me crying so many different times. They are truly soulmates and were meant to be from the beginning.

Brandon gave off major grumpy vibes, but once he opened up, he had me me smiling so hard. He also made me cry so hard from the beautiful things he would say to Halle. The vulnerability he showed her during their first time, as well as to her dad, had me crying like a baby. To have someone love me the way Brandon loves Halle is something I can't even comprehend. Maybe one day I'll find my own Brandon πŸ₯Ί

Thank you so much to Alison G. Bailey and Valentine PR for the ARC! This book was simply beautiful πŸ’—

Book Information

Release date: March 24th, 2022

Description:
*The description comes directly from Amazon's website*

Sometimes in love, the person who’s your future isn't always your destiny.

I was five years old when I met the love of my life. He was my best friend’s older brother, but he was also my friend. We shared popsicles, we hunted for shark teeth on Folly Beach, and told each other secrets. But everything changed when we became teenagers. Brandon no longer wanted to have anything to do with me. I was a pest. Something to ignore. I hated that he tossed away our friendship.
Although he broke my heart, it still fluttered when he looked at me, was near me, and touched me. But eventually he would look away, push away, and walk away. Finally, I realized you can’t make someone love you even if they were supposed to be your forever.

**ALL THE BOOKS IN THE PERFECT SERIES CAN BE READ AS STANDALONES.

Where to find it:

Where to review it
Follow Eve Lane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert

REVIEW: Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo

ARC REVIEW: Give Me More by Sara Cate